Manor School students are set to attend some of the most selective academic institutions after achieving outstanding results.
The recent investment in facilities, resources, leadership and curriculum is continuing to pay dividends. Of the awarded grades, 32% of grades were A*/A. All students who applied for a university course have been offered their first-choice destination.
Darren Carter, Assistant Principal, said “In what has been an extraordinarily challenging year, our students have once again shown resilience and aspiration in overcoming the hurdles put in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Although students did not have the opportunity to showcase their knowledge and understanding in final examinations, the significant evidence used to determine their grades released today are testament to their hard work and tremendous effort over their seven-year journey in secondary education. We acknowledge the continued support from parents and carers and the dedication and commitment from all of our staff.”
Amongst these, stand out performances worthy of recognition include:
- Rachel Frazer (A* A* A* B) who is going to study biomedical science at the University of Warwick
- Izabel Turiccki (A* A* A* A B) who is going to study mathematics at Durham University
- Georgie Reece-Minutolo (A* A A) who is going to study biomedical science at Oxford University
- Cassie Down (Dist* A* A) who is going to study forensic psychology at Manchester Metropolitan University
- Daniel Travers (A* A A A) who is going to study chemical engineering at Manchester University
- Lucy Kirbyshire (A* A A A) who is going to study politics and international relations at Birmingham University
Chris Hill, CEO of the Nene Education Trust, commented “The achievements of this cohort of students are quite remarkable considering the disruption to education during the last two years. My thanks to all the staff at Manor School for providing a positive environment for learning to flourish despite the challenges of the pandemic. The Sixth Form at Manor School is an exciting place to be.”