Casual exam invigilators
£9.53 per hour (including holiday pay)
Manor School Sports College is seeking to appoint new Exam Invigilators. You will join a friendly and enthusiastic team of experienced invigilators. A variety of hours are available and work is offered on an ‘as required’ and ‘ad hoc’ basis during the main exam season. Some invigilation work may also be available at other times in the year for internal and/or mock exams.
As an invigilator, you will ensure exam procedures and protocols are followed, help distribute and collect exam papers and any other materials and supervise students during the exams.
Applicants must be available for work during May, June and July and have:
- A good general level of education including Maths and English to GCSE/O Level standard or equivalent.
- An ability to follow instructions and observe examination procedures.
- The ability to work as part of a team and at times, unsupervised.
- A calm approach and be able to respond effectively to unforeseen circumstances.
- An ability to communicate effectively with students and other colleagues.
- Confidence in using computers.
- Flexibility and the capacity to be available at short notice
- Previous experience in a similar role and/or a school environment.
Invigilators are required to attend a training session on the requirements and expectations of the role and examination protocols before starting work as an invigilator.
Please find below the job description for this post and an application form. Please return completed applications to our HR Officer by emailing email@example.com.
Closing date: Thursday 31 January 2019.
Manor School Sports College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.